Monument record IPS 319 - Cox Lane, Ipswich, (IAS 3406).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 16589 44550 (17m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (0)
1966: Finds at a depth of 4-5 feet during building of garage behind Co-Op fish shop (now gone) Human bones were said to have been lying with their feet to North at the edge of the pit (possibly a stoke hole fo a kiln), 3 individuals were alledgedly represented, 1 male adult,1 female adult and one child of around 6 years of age (would dispute this aging and sexing)(S1-S4).
- <S1> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 3406.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 3406.
- <S3> SSF55953 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1966. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1966. XXX.3, pp. 275–283.. XXX.3, pp. 275–283..
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 966-90.
- FSF24663: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF24664: SLAG (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD? to 1100 AD?)
- FSF24665: HUMAN REMAINS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD? to 1100 AD?)
- FSF39922: WASTER (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 11 2017 12:21PM