Monument record ASG 016 - Ashfield Mills (1958) - Little mill house (1978)

Please read our .

Summary

Post Med mill with roundhouse. First mapped in 1783. Demolished circa 1917.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 989 664 (50m by 50m)
Map sheet TL96NE
Civil Parish GREAT ASHFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Post Medieval mill with round house. First mapped in 1783 (S1). Demolished circa 1917 (S2)(S3).

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Map: J Hodskinson. 1783. The County of Suffolk Surveyed. Hodkinson J, map, 1783.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Flint, B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills. p134.
  • <S3> Source Checked: Suffolk Record Office. Great Ashfield 2000, SRO (B).

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 11 2010 6:20PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.