Monument record LVM 037 - Medieval windmill mound shown on maps of 1783, 1843 and 1904.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 91705 48521 (38m by 41m)|
|Civil Parish||LAVENHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Mill mound shown just below Mill Cottage on 1904 OS map. Shown on 1843 tithe (Mill and yard, owned by Robert Lee)(S2).
Was a postmill until mid 19th century. Large mound survives on site (S3).
First mapped by Hodskinson 1783, then Greenwell 1824, Bryant 1825 and OS 1837 (S3).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 12 2016 3:09PM