Monument record KSY 015 - Williams Green

Please read our .

Summary

Windmill.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 99009 42421 (50m by 50m)
Map sheet TL94SE
Civil Parish KERSEY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Windmill shown and named 'Mill and Yard' in tithe (S1). Mapped in 1824, demolished 1907 (S2). Tower mill mapped 1824 (Greenwood) c.1837 (OS), 1839 (tithe), 1882 & 1902 (S3).

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <S1> Map: 1841. Kersey Tithe Map and Apportionment.
  • <M1> Source Checked: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Mills File. (S2)(S3).
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Flint, B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
  • <S3> Unpublished document: Letter. Dolman P, to SAU, May 1990, map.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Sep 6 2016 10:30AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.