Monument record WFG 034 - Mill and gardens recorded in 1838 tithe apportionment.

Please read our .


Mill and gardens recorded in 1838 tithe apportionment.


Grid reference Centred TL 90583 43855 (40m by 48m)
Map sheet TL94SW


Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Mill and gardens recorded in 1838 tithe apportionment (S1). Also shown on 1885 6" map (S2). According to Flint (S3) was a smock mill, first mapped in 1824 & demolished in 1912. Base demolished in 1950s or 1960s (S4).

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <S1> Source Checked: Suffolk Record Office. Great Waldingfield tithe, 1838, Bury T132/1,2.
  • <S2> Map: OS. OS Map. 6", 1885.
  • <S3> Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills. p. 134.
  • <S4> Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
  • <S5> Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 29 2021 12:51PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.