Monument record BUT 030 - Field system of unknown date, visible as cropmarks.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 37717 49749 (397m by 479m)|
|Civil Parish||BUTLEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Early Neolithic to IPS: Post Medieval - 4000 BC to 1900 AD)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC)? (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC)? (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH? (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- RING DITCH? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- RING DITCH? (Unknown date)
- TRACKWAY? (Unknown date)
Cropmarks of field system (S1).
April 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
Further fragmentary possible field boundaries to those described above are visible on additional aerial photographs (S2). There are also several geological marks on the photograph, and therefore the extent of the archaeological features is unclear, but they have been recorded separately as part of SHER BUT 066.
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 22nd April 2015.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2015 4:31PM