Monument record CRT 005 - Three sides of an isolated, unoccupied square Medieval moat.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 314 744 (127m by 131m)|
|Civil Parish||CRATFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Three sides of an isolated square unoccupied moat survive close to the parish boundary (S1)(S3).
Site only amorphous remains, 1974 (S2).
Earthworks plotted on OS 1:10560 provisional edition and cards, not recorded on OS 1:10000 1983.
- --- SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 623.
- <S1> SSF20897 (No record type): SAU, West S E.
- <M1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph. AP: ADF 8,.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM37SW3, ill only, 8 May 1974.
- <S3> SSF18377 (No record type): SAU, AP ADF 8.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 NKB 23-MAY-74.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 2 2021 11:25AM