Monument record LRM 016 - Letheringham Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 27284 57175 (2188m by 2121m)|
|Civil Parish||LETHERINGHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Deer Park first recorded in 1449 (S1)(S3)(S4). Includes Letheringham Lodge (LRM 003, Scheduled Moat and Lodge?) Old Park Farm, Old Park ancient woodland (LRM 012) & Park Farm. Mapped after Bowen's map of 1755 (S2).
Details of boundaries need checking - may extend to Park Lane to ther west, road or river to the south.
- <S1> SSF53541 Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA). Hoppitt R, The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11 to C17, UEA (PhD thesis), 1992.
- <S2> SSF50054 Map: Bowen E, An Accurate Map of the County of Suffolk, 1755.
- <S3> SSF58578 Bibliographic reference: Rackham, O.. 1988. Medieval Deer Parks 1086-1602, An Historical Atlas of Suffolk. map 23.
- <S4> SSF50083 Unpublished document: Deben Valley Place Names.
- <S5> SSF21215 Bibliographic reference: Shirley E P,. 1867. English Deer Parks.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 7 2021 1:52PM