Monument record IPS 459 - The Red House, Redhouse Park, Redhouse Farm, Ipswich.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 17259 46395 (833m by 1630m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
The Red House and park to south shown on Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk in 1783 (owned by M Edgar Esq) (S1). Extensive landscape park surrounding mansion (at TM 1729 4635) shown on 1880s OS map. Redhouse Farm to north (part of estate?). HER mapping after 1880s OS map. Southern part of park and mansion built over by 1970s (OS map). Farm survives. Further details not checked.
See details in Lost Country Houses of Suffolk by WM Roberts.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 24 2019 3:00PM