Monument record EBG 074 - Brick Kiln Farm; Kiln Cottage

Please read our .

Summary

Kiln Cottage and Brick Kiln Farm named though location of brick kiln unknown. Formerly recorded as EBG MISC

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 07 36 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)
Map sheet TM03NE
Civil Parish EAST BERGHOLT, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

In 1844, there were 3 bricklayers in East Bergholt (S1). Kiln Cottage was owned by Charles Chisnall in 1846-65. Map ref TM 075 361 (S2). Brick kiln farm is NW of the cottage at 0705 3679 (S3).
Not located on 1880's OS map. Other sources not checked.

Formerly recorded as EBG MISC

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Goult W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History. East Suffolk 1990.
  • <S2> Serial: Suffolk Industrial Archaeological Society Newsletter. Pankhurst, C. J. 'Brick Kilns in Suffolk'. 21/04/1988.
  • <S3> Map: OS. OS Map. OS Map 1972. TM 03 NE, East Bergholt..

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

May 30 2018 4:15PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.