Monument record TYN 074 - Walk Farm, Levington (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 25413 39799 (86m by 316m)|
|Civil Parish||STRATTON HALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Evaluation and monitoring of site located Bronze Age & other undated ditches. Possibly an extension of cropmark site TYN 030. S1
Also monitoring of cold store development revealed no archaeological finds or features. S2
See also LVT 038 for monitoring of other cold store developments.
Two linear ditches, possibly some of those described above, are visible as cropmarks on aerial photographs, to the north west of Walk Farm, centred on circa TM25423982, Stratton Hall parish. They are orientated roughly south-west to north-east, on similar axis to the extensive field systems to the west recorded as SNH 004 and SNH005, of which they may be a part. The NMP survey has not noted the cropmark site TYN 030. (S3, S4)
- <S1> SSF50006 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Site Report. Boulter, S., SCCAS. 2000/28. April 2000.
- <S2> SSF50006 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Site Report. Finch, E., SCCAS. Monitoring report, 18/05/1999.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM2540/2 (RHF 11483/208/7) 27-JUL-1979.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM2539/6 (1658/102) 12-JUL-1979.
- FSF31025: POTTERY (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Mar 2 2016 10:30AM