Monument record BTY 046 - Medieval deer park, Bentley
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 11 39 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BENTLEY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Deer Park recorded in Domesday Book at Bentley, location unknown (S1)(S2)(S3)(R1)(S4).
Formerly recorded as BTY MISC
- --- SSF50167 Bibliographic reference: 1086. Domesday Book. folio 287a.
- --- SSF53541 Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
- <S1> SSF50166 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1988. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk. Rackham, O., 'Deer Parks', 52-3.
- <S2> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition).
- <S3> SSF50165 Bibliographic reference: Hoppitt, R.. 1999. 'Deer Parks 1086-c.1602', An Historical Atlas of Suffolk. Hoppitt R in Dymond and Martin (eds), 66-7.
- <S4> SSF58663 Bibliographic reference: Liddiard, R. (ed). 2007. The Medieval Park: New Perspectives. Hoppitt R pp 149, 163.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 27 2018 12:32PM