Monument record EYE 076 - Site of a Medieval deer park recorded in the Domesday Survey

Please read our .

Summary

Site of Deer Park first recorded in Domesday Survey, survived till at least 1600 (S1, S2, R1).

Location

Grid reference TM 144 715 (point) (Approximate)
Map sheet TM17SW
Civil Parish EYE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Site of Deer Park first recorded in Domesday Survey, survived till at least 1600 (S1, S2, S3, R1).
Location after (S1), extent not determined on HER map.

Sources/Archives (4)

  • --- Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Hoppitt R, 'Deer Parks 1086-c1602', 66-7.
  • <R1> Bibliographic reference: 1086. Domesday Book. folio 318b.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1988. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk. Rackham O, 'Deer Parks', 52-3.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Dec 22 2016 5:56PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.