Monument record DNN 075 - Medieval deer park recorded in the Domesday survey
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 28 68 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||DENNINGTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Deer park, first recorded in Domesday survey, survived till circa 1210 (S1, S2, S3, R1)(S4).
Formerly recorded as DNN MISC
- --- SSF53541 Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
- <S1> SSF50166 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1988. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk. Rackham O, 'Deer Parks', 52-3.
- <R1> SSF50167 Bibliographic reference: 1086. Domesday Book. folio 328.
- <S2> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Hoppitt R, 'Deer Parks 1086-c1602', 66-7.
- <S4> SSF58663 Bibliographic reference: Liddiard, R. (ed). 2007. The Medieval Park: New Perspectives. Hoppitt R, 'Hunting Suffolk's Parks: towards a reliable chronology of imparkment'.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 27 2018 1:50PM