Monument record BLB 142 - Bulchamp Industry House; Blythburgh and District Hospital
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 439 762 (178m by 155m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BLYTHBURGH, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Bulchamp Industry House shown on Hodskinsons Map, 1783 (S1). According to Goult the 'workhouse' was built in 1765/66, partly destroyed by mob during construction, opened in 1766 housing 56 paupers, rising to 352 by 1767 (S2). Location shown on earlier OS mapping, (now?) the Blythburgh and District Hospital.
Also recorded as BLB 033 (& 052 for burial ground).
Formerly recorded as BLB MISC
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 8 2018 4:19PM