Monument record EYE 088 - Wellington Street
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1466 7397 (94m by 70m)|
|Civil Parish||EYE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Brewery recorded in Eye in 1855 (S1) - same as (?) Brewery and Malthouse mapped by OS in 1880s.
Main part of malthouse appears to survive (as 'Depot') on modern OS map (original or replacement building?).
Also see SCCAS Report 06/028 on Tomlinson's Depot.
A brewery (established in 1700), owned by Richard Tacon and Co, is also recorded on Lambseth Street (to W of Wellington Street)(S2).
Note presence of malthouses adjoining 'brewery stores' at TM 1439 7393 & adjoining RR Station at TM 1426 7390 (see EYE 067) on 1880s OS map (now both gone).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 9 2008 4:39PM