Monument record KDG 031 - Post Medieval brewery recorded in 1855 and maltings mapped in the 1880s.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7050 4653 (138m by 99m)|
|Civil Parish||KEDINGTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1855: Brewery recorded in Kedington (S1).
1862: jn Price owned Kedington brewing estate (S4), sold in 1883 (S3).
1884-7: Thos Jenner owned (S5).
1880s: Brewery (NW) and Malthouse (NE) of Bell Inn. Brewery next to river on OS maps (S2).
1900s: brewery marked as 'Bacon Factory'; malthouse enlarged.
1920s: buildings still shown (not labelled).
2000: brewery buildings gone; malthouse replaced - possibly some survival (not checked)?
- <S1> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Malster R, 'Malting and Brewing', 152-3, map.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SSF50044 Source Checked: Suffolk Record Office. SRO (Bury), 339/51.10.
- <S4> SSF50044 Source Checked: Suffolk Record Office. SRO (Bury), 339/51.7.
- <S5> SSF50044 Source Checked: Suffolk Record Office. SRO (Bury),339/51.11-51.28.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 7 2013 12:12PM