Monument record LWT 162 - Church Windmill (corn); Church Lane (1880s); St Margarets Road

Please read our .

Summary

Site of windmill shown and named on OS 1880s map east of church. No longer shown on 1970s OS map.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 5439 9417 (34m by 33m)
Map sheet TM59SW
Civil Parish LOWESTOFT, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Site of windmill shown and named on OS 1880s map east of church (S1). No longer shown on 1970s OS map.
Tower mill, mapped by Greenwood 1824, Bryant 1825, OS 1837, tithe map circa 1840 & Os 1880s (S2).
First mapped 1751, demolished circa 1899 (S3).

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Map: OS. OS Map. 1880s.
  • <S2> Unpublished document: Letter. Dolman P to Martin E (SCCAS), letter & list of mapped mills, May 1990.
  • <S3> Bibliographic reference: Flint, B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Oct 21 2009 2:38PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.