Monument record BRD 209 - Brandon
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7840 8653 (1618m by 1355m)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Medieval town of Brandon, defined from historic maps and locations of listed buildings.
1271, grant for a market/ fair for the Bishop of Ely (S1, S2).
After Hodskinson's map of 1783 (S3).
- <S1> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Scarfe N, 'Medieval and Later Markets', 76-7.
- <S2> SSF50019 Bibliographic reference: Goult W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History.
- <S3> SSF50156 Cartographic materials: Hodskinson. Hodskinson map, 1783.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 6 2010 2:22PM