Monument record BSE 270 - Cannon Brewery
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8541 6473 (42m by 47m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Brewery located on Cannon Street (S1) in Bury St. Edmunds. The pub, St. Edmund's Head, was one of the few purpose-built inns in the town. It was constructed in 1848, along with the adjacent brewery. The brewery was renamed the Cannon Brewery in about 1887.
Not recorded on 1880's OS map. (S2)
Green King bought the house in 1928, when Flowers was landlord. 01/09/1994 the public house was closed because of lack of customers. It was one of the last houses in town to continue its home brew. It has re-opened and now is again a small working brewery. (S3)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2011 11:55AM