Monument record BKY 016 - Gulling Green; Gurnys Green (1739); Gurland Green (1783)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8283 5643 (316m by 344m)|
|Civil Parish||BROCKLEY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Site of former green - mapped as Gurny's Green in 1739 (S1), Gurland Green in 1783 (S2), later as Gulling Green.
Mapping after 1847 tithe (S3) & 1880 OS maps.
Moats to east (BKY 001, Brockley Place) and south (BKY 002, Gulling Green Farm, with further earthworks and former house site).
Hodskinson's 1783 map appears to show a windmill just off the south edge of the green (within area of BKY 002, recorded under BKY 013 - too far south?).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 25 2016 5:20PM