Building record RGV 047 - Outbuilding, Kent House, Redgrave
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 044 779 (12m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||REDGRAVE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
A historic asset assessment was undertaken in advance of proposals to convert an outbuilding at Kent House. Kent House itself is a grade II listed building, which is marked as a public house on 1996 and 1904 Ordnance Survey maps. The outbuilding is a two-storied clay lump structure of 19th century date. Documentary evidence indicates that in addition to use as stabling, the outbuilding also served as a ware house and granary for 'wine, corn, coal and spirits', in which successive owners of Kent House dealt. The building has been extensively refurbished in recent years, with no surviving evidence of the building's 19th century layout or purpose. The façade of an impressive bread oven of c.1900 survives in the NW corner of the building, relating to a former baker's shop on the northern end of the house (S1).
- <S1> SSF53848 Unpublished document: Alston, L.. 2011. Heritage Asset Assessment: Outbuilding at Kent House, Redgrave, Suffolk.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 19 2018 2:12PM