Monument record KSG 013 - Dobb's Grave, Dobb's Lane; Dobbs Corner (PMed)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 2381 4528 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||KESGRAVE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A roadside grave. Dobbs Grave - Kesgrave, still maintained. Dobb's Corner was first recorded on OS 1inch map (of 1805?). In (late?) 19th century a skeleton was excavated from the site (R2). Details in (S1).
Note: 2 separate HER record exist for this.
- <R1> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. 1971 OS Map..
- <S1> SSF54369 Bibliographic reference: Folklore Journal. Halliday R,'Roadside Burial of Suicides: An East Anglian Study, Folklore 121, April 2010, 86-7, ill.
- <R2> SSF50186 Article in serial: East Anglian Daily Times. 30 January 1900, 3; 4 January 1902; 6 February 1909; 11 and 15 June 1915..
- <R3> SSF54388 Bibliographic reference: East Anglian Miscellany. 1909, 8-9 and 12..
- <R4> SSF54389 Bibliographic reference: Chetwynd-Stapylton, M.. 1968. Discovering Wayside Graves and Memorial Stones.. 18 and 34-5.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 11 2012 11:02AM