Monument record NYW 033 - Brewery
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9758 3418 (45m by 49m)|
|Civil Parish||NAYLAND-WITH-WISSINGTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Brewery recorded in Nayland with Wissington in 1855 (S1). William Barber was a brewer in 1855 though only for a short time (S2).
Located on 1880s and 1900s OS Maps opposite St Stephens chapel. Most later maps not checked but buildings largely gone by 1970s.
No further information.
- <S1> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Malster R 'Maltings and breweries' A historic atlas of suffolk 1999, 152-153..
- <S2> SSF50044 Source Checked: Suffolk Record Office. Directory of breweries in suffolk, suffolk records office (Bury)..
- <S3> SSF50138 Machine readable data file: Website. http://www.suffolkcamra.co.uk/pubs/brewery, Sept 2012.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 28 2012 2:45PM