Monument record HLY 003 - Findspot of a Bronze-Age biconical urn inverted over the cremated remains of an infant and young adult.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3523 4477 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||HOLLESLEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Biconical urn inverted over cremated remains of infant ? and young adult. Upright collared urn in small pit, circa 10 feet from the above, contained cremated adult ? female. ? late EBA.
Photograph of biconical urn and description of site and find in cutting from EADT, 11.10.56 in Basil Brown archive (S1).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, LXIV, 8,9.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <R1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 956-128A, 128B, 1956.
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM34SE3.
- <S2> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <R3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 29, 1962, 188, 193-194, (ill).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 19 2021 4:30PM