Monument record TMW 003 - Church of St Andrew
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8606 6973 (66m by 86m)|
|Civil Parish||TIMWORTH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
This church lies within the diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, archdeaconry of Sudbury, deanery of Thingoe. Status : rectory (S1). The structure is: chancel, nave, N porch, embattled W tower. The church was rebuilt in 1868 but much of the material from the old church was reused in the building of the new one. The S porch and early C14 doorway are clearly from the old building. The pulpit is C18 with C16 panels reputed to have come from St James, Bury in 1865. The old church had had an Early English chancel but had been principally Decorated (S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 19 2019 10:28PM