Poorly Located Monument record EYE 144 - Site of medieval deer park at Eye

Please read our .

Summary

Deer park listed by Hoppitt, first recorded 1086 (S1, S2). Location unknown. Formerly recorded as EYE MISC

Location

Grid reference TM 14 72 (point) (Approximate)
Map sheet TM17SW
Civil Parish EYE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Deer park listed by Hoppitt, first recorded 1086 (S1, S2)(S3). Location unknown

Formerly recorded as EYE MISC

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Hoppitt R, 'Deer Parks 1086-1600', 66-7.
  • <S3> Bibliographic reference: Liddiard, R. (ed). 2007. The Medieval Park: New Perspectives. Hoppitt R, 'Hunting Suffolk's Parks: towards a reliable chronology of imparkment.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

May 21 2020 8:38AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.