Monument record BUH 034 - Former deer park at Brundish

Please read our .

Summary

Deer park listed by Hoppitt, first recorded in 13th century. Brundish Lodge may be associated. Location needs verification. Formerly recorded as BUH MISC

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 276 702 (739m by 989m) (Approximate)
Map sheet TM27SE
Civil Parish BRUNDISH, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Deer park listed by Hoppitt, first recorded in 13th century (S1-S4).
Brundish Lodge (BUH 026) may be associated. Location needs verification.

Formerly recorded as BUH MISC

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <S1> Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Hoppitt R, 'Deer Parks 1086-1600', 66-7.
  • <S3> Bibliographic reference: Rackham, O.. 1988. Medieval Deer Parks 1086-1602, An Historical Atlas of Suffolk.
  • <S4> Bibliographic reference: Liddiard, R. (ed). 2007. The Medieval Park: New Perspectives. Hoppitt R, pp 160, 161.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Feb 2 2021 1:05PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.