Poorly Located Monument record NTT 019 - Former deer park at Nettlestead
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 08 49 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||NETTLESTEAD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Deer park listed by Hoppitt, first recorded 1367 (S1)(S2)(S3).
Saxton marks a deer park at Nettlestead (R1, R3).
Possibly associated with Nettlestead Hall NTT 004.
(Previously recorded as NTT Misc).
- <R1> SSF21214 (No record type): Shirley E P, English Deer Parks, 1867, 120.
- <S1> SSF53541 Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM04NE11.
- <S2> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Hoppitt R, 'Deer Parks 1086-1600', 66-7.
- <R3> SSF50162 Cartographic materials: Saxton, C.. 1575. SVFFOLCIA.
- <S3> SSF58578 Bibliographic reference: Rackham, O.. 1988. Medieval Deer Parks 1086-1602, An Historical Atlas of Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2020 8:38AM