Monument record FSF 014 - Square enclosure, unknown date
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 289 758 (224m by 268m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FRESSINGFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Square enclosure (not conforming with present field boundary pattern). Irregular enclosure to S (S1)(S2).
1976: Rectangular enclosure at TM 289 758 (S3) c.70m square (S4).
Cropmark of rectangular ditched enclosure, about 90.0m NW to SE by about 60.0m transversely, with linear extensions from NW arm and SE corner. Possibly associated, is an irregular 'D' shaped enclosure cropmark with a wide 'entrance' on the E side, centred at TM 2892 7575 (S5-6).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM27NE15.
- <M1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph. APs: ADE 7, ADF 12.
- <S2> SSF18761 (No record type): SAU, APs ADE 7, ADF 12.
- <S3> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S4> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S5> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 5 2021 2:53PM