Monument record FEX 015 - Cliff Road; Golf House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 322 363 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||FELIXSTOWE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of (Rom?) pottery found in 1960. Information from Felixstowe Archaeological Movement (S1)(R1) - probably Med - see below. Med road surface unearthed at Cliff Road (S2).
Also one Rom pot sherd, grey all gritted, possibly C1 from `junction Cliff Road & Ferry Lane' (same NGR cited as for Med road)(S3).
`Golf House (TM 322 363): continuation of shingle road surface found at TM 313 355 running across the field from SW to NE. Scatter Med potsherds and brick' (S3).
- <R1> SSF3349 (No record type): CBA Gp 7 bulletin, 7, 1960.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM33NW48.
- <S2> SSF6285 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement Journal, 1, pt 3, December 1960, 40.
- <S3> SSF6290 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement Journal, 1, pt 4, 1961, 8 & 11.
- <S4> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Felixstowe RB & Med, 1960.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 11 2021 11:07AM