Monument record FEX 016 - Roman artefact scatter of pot sherds and daub.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3057 3581 (50m by 51m)|
|Civil Parish||FELIXSTOWE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter - pot sherds and daub, including C1 & `native' (IA?)(S2)(S3)(S4). NWHCM has a note in R Rainbird Clark's card index saying that a small emergency excavation was undertaken here (at what NGR?)(S1) ? by Miss J Jeffery.
NGR amended from TM 3042 3585 (as cited in S2, S3) on IPSMG card to TM 3058 3582 (S4).
- <S1> SSF12221 (No record type): NWHCM, card index, Felixstowe.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM33NW26.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, Archaeol in Suffolk 1959, 28, 1959, 163.
- <S4> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Felixstowe, RB.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 10 2021 3:36PM