Monument record FEX 018 - Roman artefact scatter, including pottery, tile, bone inlay and a coin.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3189 3561 (101m by 100m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FELIXSTOWE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1. Plain bone inlay, bone fragments, including one with ring and dot decoration, tiles sherds, pottery including amphora, colour coat and other C2 samian, C3-C4 sherds found in side of trench dug during road straightening operations near Brackenbury Barracks by T Felgate, from TM 3188 3561 (S1). 2. Sherd (1967) from TM 3191 3562. Found in Electricity Board trench (S2)(S3).
3. Antoninianus of Claudius II found 1969 (note, IPSMG map).
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 967-34, 1967.
- <S2> SSF6296 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement, per IPSMG, card Felixstowe Cliff Road, RB, 1961.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suffolk 1961, PSIA, 29, 1961, 94.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 17 2013 2:09PM