Monument record FEX 028 - Long Dale, Cliff Road; The Dip
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 319 357 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||FELIXSTOWE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Coin of Constans (337-350 AD) found in his garden by Ronald Bishop, Long Dale, 61 Cliff Road. Also base of mortarium (S2). Roof and box tile fragments, samian F31, colour coated beakers and grey mortarium (?) (S1)(R1)(R2). Also C3 potsherd (S3) from TM 319 357 (The Dip) and Samian ware and C3 potsherds from TM 321 356 (The Dip Cliffs) & Decorated C3 potsherd from TM 321 357 (The Dip Cliffs)(S1)(S2). (Same as FEX 041?) Also C17 pottery, including waster & C19 pipe.
- <R1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 960-53, 1960.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Felixstowe.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 960-55B, 1960.
- <R2> SSF9800 (No record type): IPSMG, enquiry 2574.
- <S3> SSF6288 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement Journal, 1, pt 4, 1961(?), 7-9.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 16 1995 12:00AM