Monument record WPT 025 - Former site of Elmer's Mill
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 968 628 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WOOLPIT, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Elmer’s Mill built 1675 collapsed and cleared away in 1963. Post mill. Several of the surrounding fields include mill in their name in tithe apportionment of 1845 (S1-S4).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
- <S2> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S3> SSF56791 Map: 1845. Woolpit Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <S4> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. 1950s OS Map TL96SE.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 31 2021 1:19PM