Find Spot record IKN 116 - Site of possible settlement cropmarks, perhaps of medieval to post medieval date
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4158 5473 (197m by 178m)|
|Civil Parish||IKEN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- SETTLEMENT? (Unknown date)
- SETTLEMENT? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- RECTILINEAR ENCLOSURE? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- PADDOCK? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- DRAINAGE SYSTEM? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- PADDOCK? (Unknown date)
- RECTILINEAR ENCLOSURE? (Unknown date)
December 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
Possible settlement enclosures, perhaps of medieval to post medieval date, are visible as cropmarks in the vicinity of Wood Farm, Iken (S1). They could instead represent paddocks, or simply drainage features.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 7th December 2015.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/58/6492 F42 0036-0037 27-AUG-1964 (EHA Original Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 10 2015 1:17PM