Monument record EKE 044 - Site of uncertain date and significance.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3430 5143 (115m by 121m)|
|Civil Parish||EYKE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||RENDLESHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
- MOUND? (Unknown date)
- MOUND? (Post Roman - 410 AD to 1900 AD?)
- MOUND? (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD to 2050 AD?)
- BANK (EARTHWORK)? (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD to 2050 AD?)
- BANK (EARTHWORK)? (Post Roman - 410 AD to 1900 AD?)
- CIRCULAR ENCLOSURE? (Post Roman - 410 AD to 1900 AD?)
- CIRCULAR ENCLOSURE? (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD to 2050 AD?)
- CIRCULAR ENCLOSURE? (Unknown date)
July 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Beauty National Mapping Programme.
An area of potential earthworks of unknown date and significance may be visible on the LIDAR data (S1) in an area of plantation within Rendlesham Forest. It must be noted that these ’features’ would most likely appear to relate to modern activity within the plantation – however possible features may be discernable in this location in 1946 (S2). These features would need to be checked on the ground. However see nearby RLM 001 for discussion of the possible location of late Saxon and medieval settlement and activity in the vicinity (EHA TM 35 SW 8), see also RLM 074 for nearby enclosures.
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 28th July 2015.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2015 3:29PM