Monument record PFM 002 - Flat bronze axe
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 220 424 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||FOXHALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||PURDIS FARM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Flat bronze axe, found in a field near The Poppies, Bucklesham Road (S1). Class 2C Purdis Farm Style, length 12.0cm. Analysis in (S2).
In Foxhall parish following boundary change.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM24SW24.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 959-162, 1959.
- <S2> SSF11820 (No record type): Needham S P, The EBA axeheads of central & S England, unpub PhD thesis, Cardiff, 1983, 357-8, fig 5.
- <S3> SSF55957 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and E. J. Owles. 1958. Archaeology in Suffolk 1958.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2021 1:55PM