Monument record STN 166 - Warren Woods, Santon Downham (QMUL) TPS
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8447 8670 (313m by 412m)|
|Civil Parish||SANTON DOWNHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (0)
2017: GPR survey along forest tracks in Forestry Commission plantation between Thetford and Brandon. Exact area unknown, (S3).
2017: Geological test pits to provide exposures of sediments related to terraces of the Little Ouse River. The work will contribute towards establishing the conyext of the significant archaeological assemblages recovered in the 19th century, (S1, S2).
2019: Borehole Survey. Exact area unknown (S3).
Further details will be available on the publication of the report of the Breckland Archaeological Project.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (5)
- Event - Intervention: Borehole Survey, Warren Woods, Santon Downham (Ref: Breckland Palaeolithic Project) (ESF28319)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Intervention: Excavation, Little Lodge Farm Gravel Pits, Including White's pit, (Ref: University of Durham) (ESF27925)
- Event - Survey: GPR Survey Warren Woods, Santon Downham (Ref: Breckland Palaeolithic Project) (ESF28320)
- Event - Intervention: Test Pit Survey, Warren Woods, Santon Downham (Ref: Breckland Palaeolithic Project) (ESF25820)
Record last edited
Sep 14 2020 2:18PM