Monument record WLD 006 - Field No. 26
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 268 447 (205m by 217m)|
|Civil Parish||WALDRINGFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1. TM 2680 4475, inside diameter 45 feet.
2. TM 2676 4484, inside diameter 28 feet.
3. TM 2673 4480, inside diameter 44 feet.
Ditches 4-5 feet wide.
"Six round barrow soilmarks were seen on Heath Farm in 1962" (S1).
Circa 1783: Marked on Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk (S3).
Two possible round barrows can be seen as cropmarks on aerial photographs in a field to the south of Waldringfield Baptist chapel, Waldringfield parish. They are visible as roughly circular possible germination marks approximately 12-15 metres in diameter centred on circa TM267448 and TM268447. (S4)
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM24SE5.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 29, 1962, (2), 174.
- <S3> SSF50065 Map: J Hodskinson. 1783. The County of Suffolk Surveyed.
- <S4> SSF50066 Photograph: OS, AP. OS OS/71156 102-3 02-MAY-1971.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 22 2016 4:19PM