Monument record WLD 009 - "Field 535" Waldringfield, (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2788 4476 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||WALDRINGFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
1970? Ditch 16 feet wide, 3 feet deep; oval pit 9 feet x 3 feet with burnt soil and flints. 40 sherds coarse gritty red pot including two flattened rims with finger impression (one perforated) and one impressed cordon (S1, S2).
1988/1989: Area fieldwalked as part of SE Suffolk Survey. No sign of this ditch and only general scatter of 9 flint flakes seen, (S3).
Descriptions of flint finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be Neolithic-Bronze Age, based on details of discovery, (S).
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 970-54, 1970.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM24SE10.
- <S3> SSF59657 Finds Report: Newman J. 1997. SE Suffolk Survey, Waldringfield.
- <S4> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Jul 1 2021 3:52PM