Monument record STN 171 - Undated, probably post medieval boundaries and tracks
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8321 8673 (724m by 473m)|
|Civil Parish||SANTON DOWNHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Unknown date)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TRACKWAY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TRACKWAY (Unknown date)
February 2018. 'Brecks from Above' and Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A group of irregular, undated, but probably post medieval boundaries and tracks are visible as earthworks on imagery from a lidar survey flown in 2015 (S1). Some appear to have a relationship with the warren boundary to their west (STN 035), and the possible warren boundary to their south (STN 188). They are all undated, but while more than one phase of activity may be represented, a post medieval date seems probable for most of the features.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 21st February 2018.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Santon Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 4 2019 11:16AM