Monument record ELV 112 - Possible post medieval warren enclosures
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||ELVEDEN, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (7)
- STACK STAND? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD?)
- STOCK ENCLOSURE? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD?)
- SQUARE ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD?)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD?)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- SQUARE ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- STOCK ENCLOSURE? (Unknown date)
January 2018. 'Brecks from Above' and Breckland National Mapping Programme.
The earthworks of a square and rectangular enclosures of probable post medieval date, are visible on the 0.5m resolution Lidar data (S1) within the southern part of the Elveden Warren (ELV 039). It seems likely that these enclosures are contemporary with the warren and were either used to grow and/or store and protect fodder crops or as stock enclosure. See also nearby enclosures (ELV 111-2).
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 24th January 2018.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Wangford Forest Research 0.5m DTM 17-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 9 2018 10:42AM