Monument record NBN 002 - Remains of a possible Bronze-Age round barrow, visible as a cropmark.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2596 4314 (29m by 37m)|
|Civil Parish||NEWBOURNE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Ring ditch, circa 10-15m in diameter (S1). One of group, also see NBN 003- 006, 016 & 022.
The remains of a possible round barrow of Bronze Age date is visible as a cropmark ring ditch centred on circa TM259431 in a field to the west of Newbourne village, Newbourne parish. The ditch is between 1.5 and 2 metres wide, enclosing a roughly circular area approximately 10 metres in diameter. Ring ditches NBN 022 and NBN 003 are about 75 metres to the south-west and south-east respectively.
- <R1> SSF16491 (No record type): Post Office Research Centre, Martlesham Heath, AP, Run 1, HSL UK 70 1034 26 June 1970, photos 0148, .
- <M1> SSF44923 (No record type): AP: (S1).
- <S1> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, Strachen D, AP, CP/96/17/14, 13 June 1996.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2543/10 (4505/5) 14-JUL-1989.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2543/16 (4578/10) 28-MAY-1990.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 26 2014 4:17PM