Farmstead record ASG 041 - Farmstead: Redhouse Farm (High Pastures)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0210 6628 (65m by 62m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT ASHFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Redhouse Farm (High Pastures), Great Ashfield. 19th century farmstead and 17th century farmhouse. Regular courtyard full plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. Partial loss (less than 50%) of the traditional farm buildings. Located within a loose farmhouse cluster (S1-6).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S5> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
- <S6> SSF56834 Map: 1846. Great Ashfield Tithe Map.
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2019 1:37PM