Monument record KNN 003 - Blood Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 184 647 (86m by 110m) Centred on|
|Civil Parish||KENTON, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat. Small, irregular rectangle, isolated, occupied, on parish boundary.
Basil Brown gives local tradition for names Blood Hall, Blood Fields etc. that a great battle with the Danes was fought here (S1)(R1).
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XCVIII, 99.
- <R1> SSF5575 (No record type): Eastern Counties Magazine, No. 1.
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 608.
- <S3> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 JRL 07-NOV-73.
- <S4> SXS50145 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. DOE (HHR) Hartismere Suffolk April 1950 59.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 4 2022 3:14PM