Farmstead record HAM 045 - Farmstead: Valley Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4336 7808 (131m by 145m)|
|Civil Parish||WANGFORD WITH HENHAM, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Valley Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular U-plan with additional detached elements. The farmhouse is detached and set side on to a yard. The farmstead sits alongside a private track in an isolated location. There has been a significant loss of working buildings with the remaining converted for residential use. The farmhouse has been divided and converted to two dwellings. (S1-4)
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- Listed Building (II) 281887: VALLEY FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 281888: FORMER SERVICE RANGE IMMEDIATELY TO NORTH WEST OF VALLEY FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 281889: BRICK BARN ATTACHED TO WEST OF FORMER SERVICE RANGE OF VALLEY FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 281890: TIMBER FRAMED BARN IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF VALLEY FARMHOUSE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 27 2020 9:42AM