Monument record BSG 007 - Church of St George (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9072 5993 (86m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BRADFIELD ST GEORGE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Lies within the diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, the archdeaconry of Sudbury, and the deanery of Lavenham. It is located in the N of the parish and has the status of a rectory (S3).
The structure of the church is as follows : chancel, nave, N aisle, W tower, S porch (S4). There is a Norman slit window in the S wall (S1). The chancel is Early English with the insertion of Perpendicular windows (S2). The remainder of the church is Perpendicular (S4). The nave roof is a C16 arch-braced cambered tie-beam (S1). The S doorway is late C14 (S1).
- <S1> SSF3293 Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. Cautley H M, Suffolk Churches, 1937, 227.
- <S2> SSF50040 Bibliographic reference: Barker, H. R.. 1907. West Suffolk Illustrated. 21 (ill).
- <S3> SSF20772 (No record type): SAU, Suffolk Parishes, A Guide to their Archaeol & Hist, 1984-1985, ms.
- <S4> SSF18972 (No record type): SAU, Atkinson R G, Summ of Doc Sources for Churches in Suff, 1986, ms.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2007 4:15PM