Find Spot record SAL 001 - Stowmarket Road, Stonham Aspal, (Mesolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1308 5964 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||STONHAM ASPAL, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1962: Pebble macehead found in sewer trench, (S1-S5).
See also Roman and Medieval records.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 962-5, 1962.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM15NW23.
- <S3> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 264.
- <S4> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11297.
- <S5> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1170.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 8 2021 3:03PM