Monument record CDD 060 - Pipp's Ford, Coddenham, (Mesolithic)

Please read our .

Summary

Flints, harpoon (ex H Miller Collection).

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 109 537 (50m by 50m) (Approximate)
Map sheet TM15SW
Civil Parish CODDENHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

1908-1910: Flints, harpoon, from Pipp's Ford. Formerly part of Henry Miller Collection (1908-10), see (S1). NGR of 'TM106542' added by Elizabeth Owles (in circa 1970s?).
See also Neolithic record.

Formerly recorded in HER as CRM 003 but Pipp's Ford actually in Coddenham. March 2002; renumbered CDD 060 and relocated to site of gravel pits shown on 1926 OS map as more likely findspot. Note CDD 006, Mesolithic flints from Pipp's Ford, probably part of same collection, (S1)).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 962-121A, 1962.
  • <S2> Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11575.

Finds (5)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Events/Activities (2)

Record last edited

Aug 3 2020 3:00PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.